AM I BEING ABUSED?
How is your relationship?
Does your partner:
- Threaten to kill you?
- Embarrass you with put-downs?
- Make all of the decisions?
- Force you to try and drop charges?
- Threaten to commit suicide?
- Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
- Shove you, slap you, choke you, or hit you?
- Control what you do, who you see or talk to or where you go?
- Stop you from seeing your friends or family members?
- Take your money or Social Security check, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
- Tell you that you’re a bad parent or threaten to take away or hurt your children? Prevent you from working or attending school?
- Act like the abuse is no big deal, it’s your fault, or even deny doing it?
- Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
- Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
If you answered "yes" to even one of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship.
For support and more information please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE(7233)